Why Be an Event Organizer?
Many of our events are coordinated by Denizens — members of our gaming community. As an event organizer, you have the chance to create a special activity for something YOU enjoy, and for others to participate and and have fun.
Event Organizer Guidelines
- First, check the calendar for open dates.
- Contact us at least 6 weeks in advance of the intended date to get your event scheduled. We’ll check to make sure it doesn’t conflict with any activities that are in the process of being scheduled.
- If we approve your event request, please complete the Event Organizer Form with all pertinent info at least 5 weeks prior to the intended event date.
- You are the main contact as the organizer of the event. Please indicate on the form the best way for us, and for potential participants to contact you. Email is preferred.
- All questions are directed towards you via the Facebook Event post we create, or through the email you provide.
- As the event host, The Ogre’s Den Gaming assumes and prefers the responsibility for promoting the event on social media in intervals leading up to the event.
- As organizer, please do not promote the event on The Ogre’s Den’s Facebook store page or any of the group pages. You are, however, encouraged to post comments in the discussion area of the Facebook Event, as well as post and share event links on your social media accounts.
- The Ogre’s Den Gaming reserves the right to cancel an event, scheduled or otherwise, if an organizer doesn’t comply with the guidelines above, or is unreachable or unresponsive to any communication attempts.
Please note, these guidelines and the link to the form are for miniature gaming events. If you are interested in starting an RPG group, please complete the RPG Group Request Form.
Thanks for Your Involvement!
If you have any questions, or aren’t sure what kind of event would be of interest to the community, please contact email@example.com, or phone (916) 693-6604.
We thank you for your future involvement as an event organizer! It is just one of the aspects of the Den that helps to grow the Denizen community as a whole.